A further patient group unable to swallow tablets and capsules are those receiving enteral nutrition, which is becoming an increasingly common form of nutritional support33. It is estimated that at the end of 2000, over 15,000 patients in England were receiving enteral tube feeding at home, which is more than twice that in hospital34.
Find alternatives to
solid dose medications
- Dysphagia - NHS choices
- Dysphagia - Patient.co.uk
- Ensuring safer practice for adults with learning disabilities who have dysphagia - NSPA
- Free online course - Swallowing difficulties and medicines. University of East Anglia and Future Learn.
- Steps to Understanding Dysphagia in Adults with Learning Disability – RCGP accredited educational webcast
- Dysphagia Global Guidelines - World Gastroenterology Organisation.